Oct 27, 2010

A Reminder...

As we close in on Halloween itself, I'd like to thank everyone for participating in this year's Countdown to Halloween. There were, according to my count a couple of days ago, 206 participants this year, which is amazing considering that I think there were less than a dozen of us when we started this five years ago. Last year we had just shy of 160, which was twice as many as 2008.

I've been to every participant's blog at least once this season and am impressed by the wide variety of posts and the quality that shows how much hard work everyone has put into this. After ringing everyone's doorbell I can honestly say I didn't get a single rock. I plan to go through everyone's entire month of posts in a leisurely manner that will allow me to enjoy them meaning that my Halloween season will extend past the new year. I hope that many of you will do the same.

This leads me to my IMPORTANT REMINDER.

In light of the number of participants, and to make things as easy as possible in putting together the 2011 list of participants, please email me using "Countdown to Halloween" as the subject and include a link to your blog. This way I will have everyone's contact information on hand, and towards the end of next August I'll be able to contact everyone who participated this year about whether or not you'd like to participate next year. This would be a HUGE help, and save me hours of time trying to track everyone down and will also guarantee that no one is overlooked. If you're reading this, please take a moment and do that before you forget.

I'm sure everyone is saving their best posts for last and I can't wait to see them. I hope everyone has enjoyed this year's Countdown and has the best Halloween they've had since they were ten years old.

Happy Halloween!

10 comments:

Pierre Fournier said...

Congratulations, John, and thanks for rounding up everyone. Happy Halloween!

Wings1295 said...

And thank you all for running this blog! Much appreciated, and Happy Halloween to you, too!

Pops said...

Thanks John and congratulations on a very successful run this year! Can't wait until '11!!

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Thanks John, as always this is a lot of fun...even though I was not as good at posting as I could have/should have been :)

Really appreciate all you do!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much work you guys put into this. Thanks again for everything you do.

ratatouille's archives said...

Hi! John Rozum...
I have to chime in and say...Congratulation! are in order for all the work that you do here on your blog as you,(and the 206 participants) Countdown the days to Halloween.

Now, at las(t) I have some "Bad" news and "Good" news...
The Bad News (or is it?!?Hmmm...)

Unfortunately,due to time constraint my countdown like a witches brew is going to have to boil over into the first week of November, but who will really notice since it's a horror blog.

The Good News
Just like you,I Plan To Extend My Halloween Contest Until November 14-15, 2010...But, most importantly, I too want to take the time to wish you,and all of your followers a...Happy Halloween! season...

Woot! Woot!
DeeDee ;-D

Crystal said...

Thank you doing this! I love visiting everyone's blog and like you, I'll be visiting throughout the year - I love this countdown! :) Happy Halloween to everyone!

arielesterose said...

Nice site! It's a really fun tradition you've got going. I just wrote about Halloween, too. Specifically, about costume ideas that incorporate eyeglasses -thought you might be interested.

http://www.justeyewear.com/blog/tips-and-advice/the-definitive-guide-to-halloween-costumes-with-glasses/

Happy Halloween!

Rik Tod Johnson said...

Had a terrific time doing this, both in posting and visiting many of the blogs, some of which I already frequented previous to the Countdown. I also discovered several sites which are now and forever bookmarked on my computer.

Happy Halloween to everyone in the Countdown... except for that guy... :)

Rik

Tiny Sepuku said...

Thanks for doing this event. It was great fun and I enjoyed many of the posts by the other participants. I'm sure this will only get bigger with each Halloween.